Tuesday, February 15, 2011

San Antonio 2/13-2/14

Mexican food, the Alamo, the Riverwalk, oil, armadillos, long-horn steers are all things having to do with Texas. What a neat state! What a long state across-almost 900 miles! 
As soon as we arrived in San Antonio, Mexican food was on the agenda.  We ventured to a place called Tito's.  Can I say, the best queso con chili ever!
 After lunch, we headed to our hotel, The Contessa, on the riverwalk.  It was really nice.  I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone interested in visiting San Antonio.  The rest of the day was spent pondering around the riverwalk, taking a boat ride and watching a movie
on the Alamo at the I-MAX. 
The next day was Valentine's Day.  We went to the Alamo first thing. This city has so much
history.  It's so interesting.  We learned all about Dictator Santa Anna from Mexico and how he
battled the Tejano's to gain control over the Alamo.  A 13 day battle insinuated costing the lives of about 200 men including Davey Crockett.


The rest of the day was totally relaxing. 
 I got to enjoy a 75 minute massage and then joined the guys at the hotel pool to lounge.
The weather was great and we all needed some down time. Then it was off 
to dinner at Paesano's on the Riverwalk. 

Happy V-Day from the Price's!

2 comments:

  1. and Texas is Aunt T's homestate! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to see Drew Brees and Purdue play in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio. That is an incredible city. The city walk was an awesome place to party especially during the bowl game experience. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete