Friday, February 18, 2011

Tombstone, AZ

It's been a bit crazy the past couple of days so let me bring you up to speed.  We left San Antonio on 2/15-Tuesday.  It was a very long travel day.  We stopped briefly for dinner in El Paso, TX which is much bigger than I thought.  And everyone speaks spanish whether your at Starbucks or Ross.  It was kinda neat.  I thought for a moment I was in Mexico.  Of course, Mexico was basically right across the highway and you could even see it.  It was wild.  We did get stopped a couple of times at various checkpoints by border patrol but it wasn't really a big deal.  We drove into New Mexico and called it a night.  The next day was also a heavy driving day but we managed to make two stops. 
We stopped in Tombstone, AZ which is a small cowboy town where the movie Tombstone was filmed and the sight of the original gun fight that took place there many years ago.  It was a neat stop but I felt it was complete tourist trap if you get my drift. 
Zach and Jason with a real cowboy.

After Tombstone, we drove into Tuscon and had lunch at the Old Pueble Grill.  It was ok.  Once lunch
was over we pretty much headed into Phoenix.  I can't believe the trip is coming to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment