Brrrrrrrr! It was 28 last night in Gulf Shores. You don't expect it to be this cold in southern ALabama. Even though the temps were cold, we had a great time visiting with Linda and Nick Steen yesterday and this morning. Nick used to be Jeff's boss from A-dec. The Steen's took us to LuLu's (Jimmy Buffets sisters' restaurant) to enjoy a margarita and to a fabulous dinner at the Blue Cobalt. What a great way to spend the evening and to decompress. This morning when we were pulling out of the Steen's driveway, Jason, my youngest,says, "They are the nicest people!" and I have to totally agree with him.
Well, you can tell Mardi Gras is definitely in the air around here. Everywhere I look there are decorations. We are heading to New Orleans today so I'm expecting a big party scene out that way. I'm going to have to buy a sarong to shield the boys' eyes! No beads for them!!!!
Nick and Linda Steen
On the way out of AL, we just had to make an impromptu "homeschool" stop in Mobile Bay at the Battleship Memorial Park. The boys loved looking at the tanks, military aircraft and the big Naval ship.
No comments:
Post a Comment