Friday, August 26, 2011

Redwoods/Monterey/Big Sur

The week of August 7th is when we started our return back to Phoenix.  We took our time however, and did some great sightseeing along the way.

Our first scenic stop was the Redwood's National Forest.  We took the 27 mile drive on the famous, "Avenue of the Giants".  It was beautiful!

Jeff and the boys look so tiny compared to that tree.

Wow!

This is the stump that Zach decided to jump off from.
Hence, the sprained ankle and a short stint on crutches.

On our way through the Avenue of the Giants, we came upon a group of elk.
These things were huge! 



 Oh, we also got to visit with Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox.
Ha, Ha!
The boys of course had to try climbing.


On our way to Monterey, on the Klamath River, there was a whale that came in with her baby.
When the baby was big enough, it swam back to the ocean but
Mamma decided to make the river her home for awhile. 
It was a treat to see this whale close up!


Can you see it?

Well, we finally made it to Monterey, CA.
Of course, we couldn't leave Monterey without stopping at
Fisherman's Wharf.


A highlight for Jeff and the boys was visiting the famous
golf club at Pebble Beach.  WE had lunch there and everything!
This is a pic facing the 9th hole, I believe.


I would have to say, my personal favorite was the
drive down to Big Sur, CA.
Breathtaking!!!!!
I loved seeing all the wildflowers in bloom along the coast.



Honestly, it's so hard to say what was our favorite from this trip. 
We saw and experienced so many amazing things.
I will say, the more I see of this awesome world that GOD created for us,
the more I am convinced of his "Magnificence".
We are blessed beyond measure!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment