Thursday, August 4, 2011

July 2011

Where does the time go?  We have been so busy making memories that I haven't had a chance to blog as often as I would like.  Let me give you all a quick recap of other happenings in July.

July was HOT in Arizona.  I'm talking like a 118 with humidity. YUCK!!
The heat didn't stop the kids and I from doing things.  The biggest bummer was that Jeff was gone a lot traveling for work. I mean every week. 
We were lucky if we got a day or two on the weekends with him and then off he would go again.
We knew this was just the season for Dad to be traveling alot and this too shall end.

Anyhow, as I mentioned, the boys and I were busy doing all sorts of things. One of our adventures was ROCK CLIMBING. 
I didn't get a chance to rock climb because I was busy being the belay person most of the time.


As you can see they had a BLAST!!!

We were blessed one Saturday to have the whole day with Dad. 
We decided to get in the car and just drive towards higher and cooler ground. 
We ended up at this really cool State Park. 


At the moment, I can't remember the name of it.
There was a natural tunnel that was formed from years and years of water erosion.  


We got to do some more climbing. YEAH!

Can you see the boys? They look really tiny compared to the enormous tunnel wall.

Closer-Can you see them yet?


Yes, we even saw Javelina's.  The ugly wild pigs.


After a long day of climbing and hiking, the boys got a
chance to swim in a watering hole.  It was cold.
You wouldn't find Mommy in there.


Oh, I almost forgot.  On July 18, we had another dust storm in AZ.
This time, we were in town for it.


This is the view from our backyard.
What a weird experience!

Of course, Jason thought it was COOL!

We definitely had some clean-up to do AGAIN.
Once the dust storm was upon us, it was really hard to see the tiny particles of
dust that engulfed everything.  It just appeared to be a really dreary afternoon as the dust
cloud moved through. But once it was gone, the sun was visible again.

No comments:

Post a Comment